- The “2020 Agenda Contest” contest is hosted by Hamster, division of Novexco Inc. (hereinafter the “Contest Organizer”) and runs on the internet from 0:01 am Eastern Time (ET) on August 11th 2020 to 11:45 pm ET on Septembre 30th 2020 (hereinafter “Contest Period”).
- This contest is open to all resident of Canada who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, products and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Visit www.hamster.ca/contest to enter. To register, click on the “2020 Agenda Contest” button.
Complete the entry form by providing: last name, first name, address, phone number where you can be reached between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Click on "Send" to submit your entry by no later than 11:45 pm ET on September 30th 2020. Upon receipt of the registration confirmation message, you will be automatically entered in the contest.
- Participants must agree to the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel one or more of their entries:
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the contest.
- Only one (1) email address may be used by any person to participate in the Contest.
- There is Four prizes available to be won, consisting of a prepayed Visa card valued at $500.00.
The total value of all prizes awarded during this contest is $2,000.00.
- The following conditions apply:
Not exchangeable and non-transferable. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. If a portion of the prize is not used, in whole or in part, no compensation will be awarded. In the event that part or all of the prize is delivered by mail, the Contest Organizer is not responsible for delays in delivery, loss or theft of the Secondary Prize including the time as part of its delivery. Colours, models and brands are subject to change. The participant must provide the information and documentation necessary for the delivery of the prize.
- On October 1st 2020 at 10:00 am ET at Hamster, division of Novexco Inc. (950 place Paul-Kane, Laval QC), one (1) entry will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The prize will be awarded to the first randomly drawn entry.
- There is a limit of one prize per person and per residence.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must:
- Be reached live by telephone or by email by the Contest Organizer, in the five (5) days following the draw; and
- Sign the Declaration of Compliance and Release form (hereinafter “Declaration Form”) and return it to the Contest Organizer by email within five (5) business days of receipt of the Release;
- Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the “Declaration Form”;
- Provide the information, authorizations, consents and other documentation necessary for the delivery of the prize at the location, in the requested format and within the requested deadlines as specified.
11. Failure to comply with any of the conditions set out in these rules will result in the selected entrant's participation being canceled and a new draw for that prize will be made in accordance with these rules until a participant is selected and declared a winner.
- Within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receipt of the “Declaration Form” duly completed and signed, the Contest Organizer will inform the winner on how to claim their prize. In the event that part or all of the prize is delivered by mail, the Contest Organizer is not responsible for delays in delivery, loss or theft of the prize including the time as part of its delivery.
- Verification. All participation forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid information, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question (if required) shall be rejected and will not entitle to a prize.
- Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit, hacking, etc.). Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Acceptance of Prize. The prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the clause below.
- Substitution of Prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof).
- Refusal to Accept a Prize. The refusal of a randomly selected person to accept a prize under the terms of these rules releases the contest organizer from any obligation related to send that prize to that person.
- Liability Limit – Use of the Prize. Any selected person releases employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, products and services related to this Contest (hereinafter “Released Parties”) of any and all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by claiming or using their prize. In order to be declared a winner, and before claiming the prize, the selected person agrees to sign, if required, a Declaration Form for this purpose.
- Warranty. Any person selected for a prize acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to any merchandise prize awarded in the Contest is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable. A clause to this effect will be included in the “Declaration Form”.
- Suppliers’ Responsibility. All person selected for a prize accepts that starting from the reception of a letter confirming their prize, execution of the services related to that prize become the complete and exclusive responsibility of the supplier of the prize. A clause to this effect will be included in the “Declaration Form”.
- Liability Limit – Conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the contest.
- Modifications. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part in the event of an event, error or other human intervention that may corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in this By-law, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In all cases, the contest organizers and their affiliates, related parties and affiliates, divisions and affiliates, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this contest and their employees, agents and representatives, may not be required to award more prizes than those indicated in these rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with these rules.
- Impossibility to Act –Work Conflict. The Released Parties will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control or from a strike, lockout or any other labor dispute in their establishment or in the establishments of the organizations or companies whose services are used to hold this contest.
- Liability Limit –Participation. By participating or by attempting to participate in the present contest, all persons release the Released Parties from any liability for damage, to the greatest extent of the law, these said persons may incur as a result of his/her participation or attempt to participate in the contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any winner authorizes the Contest Organizer, their partners and representatives and any person duly authorized by the Contest Organizer to use, if required, his name, photograph, image, statement of prize, place of residence, voice and any material submitted in connection with the contest, without any form of remuneration, at their discretion and without limitation as to the period of use, in any medium and on a worldwide scale, advertising purposes or for any other purpose deemed relevant.
- Communication with Participants. No communication or correspondence will be made with the participants for the contest apart from those randomly selected for a prize.
- Winner’s Guest – Minor. In the event that the prize also extends to guests, and a guest of a winner is a minor, the guardian or titular of parental authority must sign the "Declaration Form" and accept, if applicable, the price for and on behalf of the minor.
- Decisions of the Contest Organizer. All decision of the Contest Organizer or of their representatives, related to the current contest is final and without appeal, subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to any matter in its jurisdiction.
- Dispute. A dispute as to the organization or conduct of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec to resolve the situation. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Identification of the participant. For the present rules and regulations, the participant is the person whose name appears on the entry form and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded, if selected and declared the winner.
- Non-Affiliation. The present contest is not affiliated, cautioned, presented, sponsored or organized by Facebook.
- Rules. The rules and regulations document is available upon request as well as in the contest zone of the website on www.hamster.ca/contest.
- Personal Information. Personal information collected on participants related to this contest are used for the administration of the contest and fall under the Confidentiality Policy.
- Language. In case of discrepancy between the French and the English version of the present document, the French version prevails.
Sponsored by Hamster®, division of Novexco Inc.